- Being clear about what you are sorry for
- Being aware of and recognising the hurt caused by your action
- Taking responsibility for what you did and not blaming someone or something else
- Saying the word ‘sorry’ and asking for some kind of forgiveness
- Saying and meaning that you intend never to do what you did again
- Offering to help or recompense to the person in some way
When was the last time you said sorry at work?
How did it feel?
Did you mean it?
Acknowledgement: http://www.perfectapology.com/how-to-say-im-sorry.html - thanks!
A sincere apology that expresses regret and acknowledges shortcomings can help patients come to terms with something that has gone wrong - and can also help nursesClick here for the full article