However, it has come to my notice that certain words are being overused. The BBC has helpfully put together a list of said words here. So I thought it was time to offer you some replacement and additional words to use in the coming year.
Optional historic word
The 2014 word?
- Tecknowledgist: someone who uses technology to build knowledge for all in an accessible and inclusive way
- Wickivist: someone who takes action to address 'wicked' social problems (rather than just analyse, moan or sign online petitions about them)
- Honetitian: a politician who answers question honestly, personally and authentically, unshackled by dogma, being 'on message' or fudgey finagling
- Vervacious: having the quality of intense life affirming confidence that makes others feel confident too (Beyoncé is vervacious)
- Paxic: an approach to change & disturbance which looks for common ground first (second, third...) and finds points of agreement on which to build peace and community integration
- Frission: the power, warmth and energy that happens when friends come together face to face and talk (rather than just remotely text/gram/chat)