What do you want to achieve? I find it useful to apply the ‘DREAM’ (rather than SMART) framework to my goals:
- Deliverable – how, when, who etc will bring this goal about
- Real – how is the world going to be different when this goal is realised – how will things look, sound, feel... Different?
- Ecological – how does this goal balance with other goals or parts of your life?
- Affirmative – make sure the goal is phrased in the positive rather than the negative
- Mine – whose goal? This has to be your goal – “what am I going to achieve”